When you receive your new car you would expect it to be in immaculate condition with flawless glossy paintwork that any showroom would be proud to present. Unfortunately, in reality you will likely find imperfections such as machine buffer marks and fine scratches that almost every car inherits whilst on the production line. This is often made worse by a poor valeting job by the dealership. Getting your vehicle booked in for a new car detail will ensure that your new car is protected from day one and is made to look better than new.
Storage conditions, damage in transportation and at the factory and poor unskilled PDI preparation at the Dealership can lead to a whole array of defects and problem areas that may need addressing. Fine scratches, surface marring, factory induced sanding marks, machine holograms, bird lime etching, metallic fallout and lacquer “fish eyes” to name but a few.
Although you’re likely to be offered the in-house ‘paint protection packages’ with “5 years protection”, “no more polishing” and other such big claims, in reality, they offer poor value for money (package’s such as Supaguard, LifeShine, DiamondBrite and Gard X). These products are often applied incorrectly and over poorly prepared paint finishes as the in-house valet team are given strict timescales with minimal training on how to correctly prepare and protect your newly purchased pride and joy.
Our New Car Detail typically takes 1-2 days (not 1-2 hours) and comprises of some of the industries’ finest tools, chemicals and coatings; protecting your investment for 18-24 months. Giving paintwork unrivalled UV resistance, dirt repellency, easy clean and swirl resistance thanks to the state of the art nano quartz coatings. With our New Car Detail Extra’s Pack, alloy wheels are removed to be coated inside and out, exterior glass sealed with a durable rain repellent, interior upholstery treated to a scotch guard fabric protectant and leather seats receiving a water-based dirt & dye transfer barrier. All in, the best start in life for your investment.
It is advised to ask the supplying Dealership not to touch the car prior to collection. No wash. No polish… This way, we reduce the need for costly paint correction services where fine scratches and swirls from bad contact could have easily been induced in the preparation stages.
- Full extensive safe wash process inc. decontamination stage
- Blown dry to remove trapped water and eliminate drips
- Single stage machine polish to prepare the paint, enhance gloss and remove surface defects such as marring and fine scratches
- Paintwork wiped over with to remove remaining polish residues and oils leaving the ideal ‘naked’ base for protective coatings to bond to
- Paint coated with Gtechniq C1 Crystal Lacquer (Gtechniq Crystal Serum upgrade available (see “Recommended Upgrades” below))
- Exterior trim dressed with a permanent trim restorer
- Glass polished throughout
- Britework, badges and grilles polished by hand and protected
- Tyres dressed with long life tyre gel
- Optional Extra’s Pack which includes: wheel coating inside/out, glass repellent & full interior protection
- Final inspection, ‘toothpickery’ and a wipedown with an inorganic spray coating
From: £280 (1-1.5 Days)